So, I am on vacation this week and haven’t spent much time reading since I am with my parents who I don’t see very much. So, I decided to do a post on reading habits. I’d love to hear your answers to the same questions! Leave them in the comments below.
1. Favorite novel: This is so hard. Soooooooooooooo hard. Of 2011 – It is probably Island of the World by Michael O-Brian. Of all time . . . maybe The Pawn by Steven James.
2. Regarding Novels – what genre? I prefer modern day mystery/thriller, Contemporary Christian, and classics.
3. When do you read the most? I read whenever I have a few minutes to spare that I can’t use for something else that I think I need to get done. I’ve been trying to spend between 15-30 minutes reading before bed rather than watching TV.
4. How many books do you read at one time? I have about 4-5 going at any given time. I don’t know why I do it, but that is just how I have been – especially since getting a Kindle. Before that, I might not have been quite like that, but now I have a novel, a non-fiction, and some Christian devotionals going all at the same time (plus a couple of paperbacks that I have picked up and read when I want to read a book.)
5. Do you always read to the end of the chapter? Are you kidding? No! That’s where it is the most suspenseful. If I stop in the middle, then it is easier to stop. If I read to the end of the chapter, then I really want to keep reading!
6. How do you choose which book to read? Recently it has been by which books I have already downloaded for free on my Kindle or which books I can get for free for review. I usually read a couple of reviews and part of the description.
7. How do you view reading – work or pleasure? A combination. I view reading as great fun and also a necessity, especially since I am still in school.
8. What does finishing a book signify? If it was a good book, I begin my warpath for convincing others to read it. If I didn’t really like it, then it just goes on my list that is aimed for 50 books in 2012 and pick up the next one.
9. How do you mark your spot? I usually grab a piece of paper from anywhere. I try not to dog-ear pages, because I don’t like it, but I will if I have to. Right now I have a beautiful bookmark that I have been using and a museum ticket.
10. Favorite thing about reading? Expanding my learning and thinking capabilities, and being able to transport to different times and places and learn new things about them. I love when a book really challenges my thinking and makes me wonder and contemplate.
So, what about you? Either comment or write your own post using these same questions and link it below. I can’t wait to hear from you!