I’m celebrating three amazing years being married to my best friend!! I am so thankful for the time that God has already given us, and also for the many years and adventures that are to come. I’m still very much in love with this man that has given me his name and then traveled the world with me in pursuit of a better relationship with each other, with God, and in looking for more opportunities to reflect God’s glory in this world. What more could I want? So, in honor of Jeremy, today I’d like to write ten things that I am thankful for that God has blessed me with in Jeremy. 🙂
1. He is so patient with me.
2. He likes to read – and we like to read together and discuss what we’re reading.
3. He listens to me . . . all the time. 🙂
4. He loves God.
5. He likes to do exciting things.
6. He’s laid back and balances my frazzledness really well.
7. He’s intelligent, and he enjoys watching and listening to intellectual things. (I am really thankful for that!)
8. He is sooooo good with other people – talking, listening, helping, encouraging.
9. He praises me and thanks me and generally makes me feel good.
10. He’s committed . . . for life.
Three years ago today was one of the most fun days of my life! Breakfast with my love, getting lost, finding our way, getting ready for the wedding, smiling at everything, riding to the site with my daddy, waiting anxiously in the back room and spying on Jeremy out the window, walking down the aisle and seeing him smile at me, holding his hands and promising my life to him, praying to seal the day, enjoying the time with so many friends and family, and heading out from the wedding to start this adventure of marriage together. It was amazing. I’m so thankful!
Since this is my reading post, I thought that today I would just recommend my favorite marriage book that we have read so far. We have not read scores of them, but a couple. My favorite so far has definitely been When Sinners Say “I Do”: Discovering the Power of the Gospel for Marriage. Go check it out, and let me know what you thought if you’ve already read it!