1. Narli loved the snow. It was so fun to watch her running through it at full speed!
2. We had a great planning/dreaming session on Friday for the future.
3. Wednesday morning was great, slept in, had coffee with Jer, watched a documentary on religion in America. Nice morning.
4. Got to see a very good friend that I don’t see enough!! Thoroughly enjoyed the couple of hours we had to catch up!
5. Had my fortune told from my Turkish coffee grounds. 🙂
6. Found a trike in the parking garage. Chased. Got chased.
7. Loved having a couple of days of beautiful snow, and some extra time to relax and enjoy the time together.
2013 has descended upon us! Happy New Year! I hope that you enjoyed a blessed New Year and were able to celebrate with friends and family. This is such an exciting time of life, with a blank year laid out before us in which our stories will be unfolded. Isn’t it crazy to look forward on a new year, and realize that you have no idea what will happen, but to acknowledge the fact that you are an actor is this great story of life? I’m excited.
And, of course, what would New Year’s be without new goals and aspirations? You know, I am sometimes hesitant about making goals, simply because I know how bad I can be at keeping them. But, falling isn’t really a reason not to go forward, it’s even more reason to keep trying and pushing and working. What are your goals for 2013? I won’t share all of mine, because I feel like just about every aspect of my life is lacking, and so there are a lot of things I would like to improve, but I will share a few with you.
Goals for 2013:
- I would like to submit at least 4 poems or short stories to magazines or competitions this year.
- I would like to read and review 50 books. (Sound familiar?)
- I would like to build this blog into something a little bigger, a little more user-friendly, and a little more helpful.
- I would like to learn how to plan better for meals and home organization.
- I would like to become fluent in Turkish!
So, those are a few goals I am hoping to work towards this year. You may have noticed that I have rearranged the blog a little. That was something I’d been hoping to work on for the last week or so, and I finally had time to do it! So, some posts have been deleted, some have been re-categorized, and the tabs at the top of the page are a bit different. I plan to continue writing book reviews frequently, and I would also like to continue to write flash fiction and poetry, but you will find them in the Journal section now. Hopefully the others are mostly self explanatory, with the exception of CIO – Check It Out! This is where I will be putting posts with links or videos that I am sharing from other sites. Finally, I’m hoping to write a bit more on Home (organizing and food) and Travel (tips and stories) this year. So, I just thought I’d give a quick run-down on those so that you knew what to expect.
Well, I’m off to eat some New Year Pancakes and enjoy the day off!! Hope you are all having a great start to 2013. I’m excited about the journey!!